SPIE is a nonprofit society publisher committed to the advancement of light-based science. SPIE journal authors enjoy many benefits, including personalized attention, flexibility, and rapid responses from an experienced and dedicated editorial team.
Benefits of Publishing in an SPIE Journal
- Copyediting and typesetting: All accepted papers are professionally copyedited, typeset in XML, and optimized for online publication.
- Online-first publication: Accepted papers are rapidly published online upon author approval of the proofs, with an average time from acceptance to online publication of 3 weeks.
- Rigorous peer review: All papers undergo single-blind peer review by experts in the field. Peer review is prompt, with an average time of 6 weeks or less from submission to first decision.
- Videos and multimedia: Videos and multimedia files can be included for free. Online color figures are also free.
- Free downloads: Authors receive 5 free downloads from the SPIE Digital Library.
- Open access publication option: Authors can select open access publication for a low cost.
- Abstracting and indexing: SPIE journals are indexed in leading scientific databases, including Web of Science, Inspec, Scopus, Ei Compendex, and Astrophysics Data System. See each journal's homepage for specific indexing information.
Authors should read the author guidelines found on each journal's homepage for details about journal policies, manuscript preparation, and submission.
Open Access for SPIE Journals
Author choice open access allows authors to choose to publish with open access under a CC-BY 4.0 license for $960. Authors who do not wish to publish with open access may do so at no cost. Read more